Saturday, February 11, 2012

Georgiana Darcy Regency Gown

“Is Miss Darcy much grown since the spring?” said Miss Bingley; “will she be as tall as I am?” 

“I think she will. She is now about Miss Elizabeth Bennet’s height, or rather taller.” 

“How I long to see her again! I never met with anybody who delighted me so much. Such a countenance, such manners! and so extremely accomplished for her age! Her performance on the pianoforte is exquisite.”
~Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen

This dress reminded me of Georgiana Darcy since it's so soft and light. It's made of a sturdy 100% cotton fabric and although it is machine sewn all the seams are flat felled by hand so there's not a machine stitch to be seen! The hem is done by hand as well.


 Sleeve detail:

 The long sleeves button on and off so it can be a short sleeve or long sleeve dress!
Fastens up the back with buttons made of shell:
 Back View:
This dress is now available in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

SisterlyLove said...

It turned out gorgeous!!

Genevieve